Happy Holiday Monday! It's been awhile since we've done one of these so let's get to it!
- After quite a bit of driving and a couple flights and four weddings in 15 days, I'm excited to just be home for awhile to relax and get caught up on work.
- Yes it's hella cold outside right now but I'll never understand other photographers who refuse to shoot winter weddings. Great couples down to brave the cold for a bit results in some super killer shots!
- We've been brainstorming away on Kindling ideas and can't wait to debut some of them later this spring. We've got some fun new candles and a couple different products we're playing with.
- I realized that it's been many years since I last read the Harry Potter books so I jumped back in. Surprised by how many of the little details I've forgotten so it's been really fun to relive those.
- We picked up this tabletop game called Klask recently and it's been a blast. Go google some photos to get a better idea but it's basically a unique take on air hockey with magnets and it's been a huge hit with everyone we've shown it to.
- Planning for our own wedding this fall is starting to ramp up. While we've got a decent amount of little logistics to iron out still, I really can't wait to get everyone together and eat and drink and travel and see what adventures we can get ourselves into.
- I'll be honest. I have no idea what I did last week. There were friends, board games, coffee dates, and crew meetings. There was a six hour drive to pick up Glen, with thrift shopping and beer drinking in Bismarck. There was hockey watching, and football watching, and Miss Maisel watching (which is a hilarious show by the creator of Gilmore Girls so how could it not by hilarious). There were shortcakes baked, and pizzas made, and a 'kitchen sink' soup that turned out better than expected.
- It ended with a wedding at the Plains with a couple willing to brave negative temps for kisses and a wedding party down to shed coats for a snowy photo. It was a great day. One of the fathers gave a speech about gaining a daughter and, trust me on this one, it was a powerful gesture in a world where it seems like divisiveness is more prevalent than community. It was a good reminder that people in small ways and large ways are loving each other around the world and that makes all the difference.
- Oh! We have fun news! We'll be selling candles at Unglued's Annual Craft Fest in February! It's the weekend of February 24th so if you're in Fargo, stop by, say hi, and check out new scents and stuff!
- Last night we took a break from working and threw on snow pants. chased Glencoe around the yard, tackled him, and shoveled snow on him til he looked like a frosty pup! The three of us had a blast. If it has to be cold, let it be snowy!