Happy Monday friends! It's been a little quiet around here as we've been busy shooting and editing lately, but it's time to get back at it so here's what we've been up to:
- Wedding season is in full swing and it truly never gets old getting to work with amazing couples thatare excited about their love and sharing that with others.
- I get super excited when couples pick a location for their engagement photos that holds some personal meaning to them. Also, when couples are game to get a little dirty and get into a lake fully dressed.
- My buddy Kevin and I are in a bags league and our final tournament is tonight. It's gonna get intense.
- Jodi and I are training for a marathon later this year. I ramped up my miles a little too quickly and suspect that I gave myself a stress fracture which means a lot of swimming is in my future for the next couple weeks.
- Which isn't so bad. I got some waterproof headphones so I can listen to tunes in the pool! Makes swimming countless laps waaaaaaay easier.
- We had a big pizza party and outdoor movie for my birthday a couple weekends ago. Kinda forgot how great The Sandlot is.
- We're getting temps close to the 90s now so I think some homemade ice cream will be needed soon.
- There's just something about coffee shops run by gray haired ladies in glasses with homemade strawberry pie that gets me. If you're ever in Grafton, stop by Haiti's Daily Grind. And don't even try and tell her you don't want whipped cream.
- Yesterday I went to the zoo in Fargo for the first time to celebrate Zach's nephew's fifth birthday. Otters cuddlin', chinchillas munchin', red pandas loungin', baby goats doing their baby goat thing... even though captivity seems rough, I did watch a zoo man put sunblock on a pig's ears because he told us they were sensitive. 😍😍😍
- I'm currently reading Duel in the Sun about the '82 Boston Marathon and the thing that strikes me most about it is the way the author depicts the obsession in the minds of the runners. I guess it's not surprising that in order to want to run 26.2 miles faster than anyone else it has to be an obsessive kind of desire, but the reality is that kind of obsessive behavior is just as much of a curse as it is a necessary trait.
- Sunshine is so good! Love you summer.