- Winter is here. And winter weddings are among my favorite. Some warm gloves and good boots and a couple that doesn't mind being a little chilly all adds up to some awesome photos.
- It's being super fun watching Glencoe play in the snow for the first time.
- Some buddies and I played our first beer league hockey game last night and hooo boy, it's been a long time. Super fun to get out there and skate though.
- Related note: there's a park across the street from our house and board for an outdoor rink went up this past week so now it's just waiting for it to get cold enough for ice.
- Last related note: I started reading a book about some of the strategy and reasoning behind why NHL coaches make certain choices in big games. Almost certainly only interesting for hockey nerds like me but it's been fun.
- Jodi and I have a project that has been in the works for about two years that we're finally getting serious about. Should be able to start talking about it in the next week or two so stay tuned!
- This weekend was spent photographing! We had a wedding at Rustic Oaks and there was snow on the ground and a fun dance so that day was clearly great. And then on Sunday we photographed the Unglued Christmas Card Photobooth and then I photographed headshots for Rethink Dance, a small contemporary dance company in the area.
- I also got to watch Zach get his butt kicked by intramural hockey! He was better than he said he'd be and the whole game was pretty darn fast. Plus, I met two new dogs and a good friend happened to be there watching a game before his so that was a delight!
- In other adventures, I've been baking a bit more. Both pumpkin cheesecake bars and pumpkin scones have made it to the fridge so winter can come now!
- Last week my friend Joleen and I grabbed a beer at Drekker on a miserable night of cold cold rain after a long day at work and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside because my work friends are my real life friends and that makes going to work in the morning a happy thing and not an awful thing.