Happy Birthday America! Hopefully you're hanging out with friends today with a drink in one hand and a burger in the other.
Here's what went down this week:
- We've been on the search for a house to rent. I love our little apartment but the prospect of having a bigger kitchen and a garage just sounds so great. We applied for a place so our fingers are crossed until we hear back.
- Jodi and I have been slowly learning to play piano. We bought a little keyboard but I'll be on the hunt for a cool old upright once we find a house.
- This has lead me to put some of my favorite pianists on repeat. Olafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm have been my jam lately. Ridiculously good stuff.
- Which is great because having a couple weeks off from shooting weddings means that I've been busy catching up on editing recent shoots.
- It started raining during our weekly kickball game. Scratch that, raining doesn't do it justice. It was a deluge! But we played on. Unsurprisingly, the ball is a lot trickier to kick when it has to go through several puddles before it gets to home plate.
- It's July which means it's Tour de France season! I've never been a morning person but every July I get pumped to wake up at 6:30 every morning to watch each stage. Jodi is less enthused about this.