Happy Christmas Monday! Jodi and I are hanging out with my family in the middle of a blizzard. The roads are buried and the highways are closed and we're busy eating cookies and playing board games. Here's what else we've been up to:
- It's been a long time since I've been in a good blizzard so I'm loving it. Jodi and I bundled up and went exploring in the fresh snow with the dogs.
- We got some excellent Christmas presents that I'm pretty pumped about. A new crock pot and frying pan and books and socks and camping stuff.
- Having a ton of family around for a couple days means lots of time for games. Jackbox and Pandemic and cards and Sushi Go and Forbidden Island. Good times!
- I picked up a 4k monitor this past week as a Christmas present to myself. I've only used it briefly for editing so far but I'm really excited about how much time it could end up saving me.
- One of the best parts of going home? Getting to drink some of the good bourbon that my dad has that I can't afford.
- Doggos! Games! Snow! Too much sugar! It's been an amazing Christmas with Zach's family in Dickinson. I think the best part, though, has to be feeling completely at ease with everyone.
- Have you ever had homemade caramels?! Zach's grandma makes some really good ones. I wish I would've snuck some to take back to Fargo with us...
- I got to see how the sausage is made. Literally! It's really cool that Zach's grandpa uses an old hand cranked, cast iron machine to make links out of venison he killed himself.
- The snow was too soft to make a snowman, but we trudged to the elementary school and played on the jungle gym and the swings! Since we were the first ones to displace the snow, it felt like we were discovering another planet.
Merry Christmas and Happy Trails!